‘Personal information’ means information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether true or not, and whether or not recorded in a material form.
We accept that certain non-identifying information (for example, your computer operation system, server address, top level domain name, the date and time of you visit to the website, the pages you accessed and documents downloaded, the type of browser you are using, etc.) will be collected for the purpose of statistical analysis.
We collect names, addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, students’ date of birth, teacher’s qualification, payment details and other information to assist us in conducting our operations and activities, providing and marketing our events, publications and other activities. We don’t store any credit information on our web server.
We collect and store information about the student’s learning history and teacher’s note to the students for teaching
Use of personal information
We only use your personal information for the purpose for which it was provided to us, for related purposes or as required or permitted by law. Such purposes include:
- in the ordinary course of conducting our functions and activities. For example, in the course of concerts or competition organising; processing applications for membership; managing memberships; responding to your enquiries and feedback, and providing information about our events, news, publications and activities that may be of interest to you;
- market research and other activities, so that we are able to better understand our stakeholders’ needs and tailor our future activities accordingly;
- performing general administration, reporting and management functions. For example, invoicing and account management, payment processing, risk management, training, quality assurance and managing suppliers;
- other purposes related to or in connection with our functions and activities, including meeting our legal and contractual obligations to third parties and for internal corporate governance purposes.
Disclosure of personal information
We may disclose, and you consent to us disclosing, your personal information to third parties:
- engaged by us to provide products or services, or to undertake functions or activities, on our behalf. For example, processing payment information, managing databases, marketing, research and advertising;
- that are authorised by you to receive information we hold;
- that are our business partners, joint venturers, partners or agents;
- as part of the restructure or merger (or proposed restructure or merger) of all or part of our operations. For example, we may disclose information to our external advisers, to potential and actual partners and to their external advisors;
- partial of personal information, such as name, email, contact number, date of birth and learning status will be shared with your teacher who you link to. If you don’t wish to share these informations with your teacher, please dis-connect with your teacher, or
- as required or permitted by law.
Marketing use and disclosure:
We may use and disclose some your personal information to provide you with information about our services, publications, events, or other functions and activities that we consider may be of interest to you. You may opt out at any time if you do not, or no longer, wish to receive marketing and promotional material. You may do this by: contacting us via e-mail or in writing at the address below and requesting that we no longer send you marketing or promotional material; or where applicable, clicking the “Unsubscribe” button.
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. Such steps include: physical security over paper-based and electronic data storage and premises; computer and network security measures, including use of firewalls, password access and secure servers; restricting access to your personal information to employees and those acting on our behalf who are authorised and on a ‘need to know’ basis; retaining your personal information for no longer than it is reasonably required, unless we are required by law to retain it for longer; and entering into confidentiality agreements with staff and third parties.
Where we no longer require your personal information, including where we are no longer required by law to keep records relating to you, we will ensure that it is de-identified or destroyed.
All forms, online registrations, online customer portal and online transaction are protected by SSL certificate. SSL certificate encrypts sensitive data that user submit to the website. The powerful SHA-2 and 2048-bit encryption secure the communication between users and the server.
We use Stripe provides security and compliance online payment service, which meets PCI-DSS requirements. We don’t store any sensitive credit card data on our web server.
Links to Other Websites
Any other websites that link to this Website are not part of this Website and may have different policies with respect to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information. Please be sure to review the applicable agreements and policies carefully when visiting our other websites or any third party websites to whom we provide links.