The 10th Sydney Zhang Violin Competition
The 10th Sydney Zhang Violin Competition will be held in August 2019. Zhang Multimedia violin method is designed for universal violin education. This competition is to provide an opportunity for violin teachers and students to further understand the Zhang Multimedia Violin method and further popularise violin education. Utilising Zhang Multimedia Violin method would help students study violin in a fun way, more efficient.
The competition is open to all comers age 16 years old and under in Australia and overseas. The competition will group in ages and have the following awards:
- Gold Award - medallion + certificate
- Silver Award - medallion + Certificate
- Bronze Award - medallion + Certificate
- Certificate of Participate - Certificate
All participants will choose one piece from the list below. After register online, please access website zhangviolin.org and use the online videos resources for your practice. The competition will use the piano only video as accompaniment. All students will also participate in the group performance in the evening concert.
- Mozart Concerto No.4 in D Major First Movement (from Zhang Shixiang Progressive Violin Repertoire Volume 8)
- Viotti Concerto No.23 First Movement (from Zhang Shixiang Progressive Violin Repertoire Volume 6)
- Bach Concerto in A Minor First Movement ((from Zhang Shixiang Progressive Violin Repertoire Volume 6)
- Accolay Concerto in A Minor (from Zhang Shixiang Progressive Violin Repertoire Volume 6)
- Seitz Concerto No.1 in D Major First Movement (from Zhang Shixiang Progressive Violin Repertoire Volume 5)
- Vivaldi Concerto in A Minor First Movement (from Zhang Shixiang Progressive Violin Repertoire Volume 5)
- Seitz Concerto No.5 in D Major First Movement (from Zhang Shixiang Progressive Violin Repertoire Volume 3)
- Rieding Concerto in B Minor Third Movement (from Zhang Shixiang Progressive Violin Repertoire Volume 2)
- Kuchler Concertino in G Minor Op11 First Movement (from Zhang Shixiang Progressive Violin Repertoire Volume 2)
- 13:00 - 17:00 17 August 2019 - Competition in age groups (More details will be published later)
- 18:30 - 20:30 17 August 2019 - Concert for all students participated in the competition
- 9:00 - 11:00 18 August 2019 - Zhang Multimedia Violin Method Conference (Free to all teachers and parents)
10 Clanwilliam Street
North Willoughby NSW 2067
- The purpose of the competition:
Zhang Violin Method consists of a series of progressive violin repertoires from preliminary to volume 8, etudes and technical books. Professor Zhang and his team have also recorded over 6000 videos for these repertoires and technical works. These videos and teaching/learning material are all published on the website. In order to let more students and teachers understand and get familiar with the Zhang Violin method, we host the annual Zhang Violin Competition. Through this event, we hope to increase the popularity of the violin and the general violin teaching/learning level.
- The performers will need to choose one a piece from the list provided above. The students will use the piano only video from the website, which will be organised by the committee.
- The entrants will participate in appropriate age groups on 17/08/2019. The details of the sessions time will be published and send email to the participants two weeks before the competition.
- Entry will be closed by 31/07/2018.
- All Zhang Violin correspondence is via email. It is the entrant's responsibility to ensure that Zhang Violin emails are not blocked by spam filters.
- This competition to test and award the student learning progress and teacher's teaching result.
- The event entry fee is $50 for both competition and concert.
- Entry fees are not refundable except when the event is cancelled. Entry fees cannot be transferred to another event should entrants change their mind later.
- The entrants must appear in strict numerical order except in circumstances approved in advance by the Zhang Violin. Entrants must register at least 10 minutes before the start of the session. The details of the sessions will be published two weeks before the competition.
- The adjudicators' decision is final.
- The adjudicator's students are also allowed to participate in the event. The adjudicator can mark score to their own students.
- Zhang Violin reserves the right to record, film, broadcast, telecast, videotape or photograph any entrant, item or event in the Zhang Violin without notification and any such photograph, recording or broadcast may be used at the Zhang Violin's discretion for publicity or promotional purposes, but shall not necessarily constitute an endorsement of any participants, and no remuneration or compensation whatsoever shall be attributable to any participants so feature.
- The cameras in the audience are allowed in the event. But the flash is not allowed. Please follow the law and respect other people's privacy when you take any photos and videos from the event. The mobile phone should be switched off or put on silence mode.
- Ticket Sales: The event is free and open to the public.
All donations to Zhang Violin help provide opportunities for aspiring performers and develop more music lovers. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Sponsoring a Zhang Violin prize is a great way to show support for your artistic preference and foster the development of music for generations to come.
There are many different ways to sponsor Zhang Violin teaching method and events. You may choose to sponsor an event venue, instrument, books or even flowers. Please email email@example.com.
Advertising with Zhang Violin not only helps to support the organisation but it also allows advertisers to communicate with targeted audiences. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Zhang Violin's success in encouraging and supporting the music owes much to its highly valued pool of volunteers. Donating your time to the Zhang Violin is a great way to support your children, meet like-minded people and give back to the community.