Tuesday, 22 February 2022
The Third International Zhang Violin Online Competition
Zhang Violin Multimedia teaching method utilises modern technology in violin teaching and learning. The comprehensive teaching and learning video resources provide students with an efficient learning and practising approach. To provide a better platform for more students in violin learning and performing, we would like to invite you to join us at the Third International Zhang Violin Online Competition.
How to register
The competition is open to all zhangviolin.org website subscribers. If you are a member or a subscriber of the website, please log onto the online teaching centre, you can register for the competition directly, and upload the video before the deadline. If you are not yet a member or a subscriber, please go to Join Member and register as a member or a subscriber before proceeding to register the competition.
The participant can choose any one piece or one movement from the Zhang Multimedia Violin Method for Young Beginner, Violin The First 100 Days, Zhang ShiXiang Progressive Violin Repertoire Volume 1 to 8. The participant can register for the competition and select one piece from your subscription list. You may change the piece name and submit the final video file before May 31st, 2022.
Registration will be closed on May 31st, 2022.
The competition result will be announced online on June 20th, 2022.
Registration fee: AUD40
The competition will be in eight groups based on the participant's age. (The final groups may be adjusted based on registration number.)
- Group A: born in 2016 or later
- Group B: born in 2015
- Group C: born in 2014
- Group D: born in 2013
- Group E: born in 2012
- Group F: born in 2011 - 2010
- Group G: born in 2009 - 2008
- Group H: born in 2007 or earlier
You can see your registration status via the online Teaching Centre on the website. Professor Peter Shixiang Zhang and Charmian Gadd will be the chairmen of adjudicators. Based on the participant’s intonation, rhythm, articulation, music expression and stage performance, adjudicators will provide the report to all participants. Each group will have Gold, Silver, Bronze and participation awards. All participants will receive the certificate and adjudicators' report. The gold award recipients will receive extra international adjudicators' feedback and report.
All gold award videos will be published on the website zviolin.cn and zhangviolin.org, zviolin-com Wechat account, Facebook and Youtube. The gold award students’ teachers will also receive the certificate of Excellence and a year's free teacher membership.
How to Record and Upload Video
- We recommend the participant play with the piano only video provided on the website and record his/her play using a mobile phone or video camera. Alternatively, the players can also use their own piano accompaniment for video recording.
- The video should be recorded in one take and no editing is allowed.
- The player should face the camera and announce your name, the date of recording and the piece you will be playing at the beginning of the recording.
- The video file should clearly show the player's both hands' movements and body gestures.
- Please log on to the online teaching centre, the participant can upload the video file there.
- The recommended video file format is mp4. The recommended resolution is 1920x1080 (1080p), the max file size is 500Mb.
- The submitted video file should be the participant's own play. There should not be anyone else’s playing in the video submitted.
- The video that couldn't meet the requirements above could be disqualified. The disqualified video will not receive any report or marking.
A sample video recording below is for your reference.